The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
blank Manager page after install
Post blank Manager page after install 
I have installed Agoracart several times in the past and I'm very familiar with the process, but this time I am working with a new hosting company and their admin has done the install.

The main store page seems fine: http://sweetbirdstudio.com/store/agora.cgi

But the manager comes up blank: http://sweetbirdstudio.com/store/protected/manager.cgi

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Please explain your method of installing the store that you used.
Also, who is the web host?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

My web host is a very small one-man company, but I provided him with the server requirements for agoracart and he said that it would run on his server. He did the install, so I am unable to answer your question about how it was done.

I am now trying to re-install it myself via ftp and having a different problem where it seems to stall at this screen indefinitely: AgoraCart 5.2.005 Installation In Progress
The Standard version is installing ...
AgoraCart tarball file already here
AgoraCart is installing ...

Possible mitigating circumstances: on this server, CGI is only set to run in a folder named "store", which, I assume, means that I need to create a folder named store and upload the files to this folder in order to have the installation work. I know that ordinarily the installation process would create such a folder (called store52), but since CGI is only set to work in a folder named "store" I am assuming that the installation would need to occur within the store folder. Sorry if I'm not describing that very clearly.

Yes, it would mean that it would need to be installed to the "store" directory,
but considering that you are having issues with the install and it looks like your host is using non-standard practices, I would suggest using a web host that uses standard configuration practices for hosting and utilizes cpanel.
I would even question the security of the server. If you are accepting credit cards, you will need to have the server scanned for vulnerabilities and have you host fix those.
Only allowing cgi script to run in a single directory is very old practice and if it is going to be done that way, should be run in a directory called 'cgi-bin'.
Your hosting situation makes me a bit leary...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

My client has been using this host for many years, and I know that he is less technologically advanced than most larger companies (most of my other agoracart stores are running on GoDaddy or iPower), but I had hoped to continue to do business with him out of respect for their long-term relationship.

But none of that is your problem, and I appreciate your advice.

One last bit of info, before I probably switch hosting companies - does this info from the first install screen provide you with any more insight into how I might work around these problems?

Here are the results for your server:
Server: sweetbirdstudio.com
Scripts are running under id: uid=33(www-data) gid=33(www-data) groups=33(www-data)
Unix 'whoami' responds with: www-data

Perl Module Check:
Perl Version: 5.8.8
LWP::UserAgent : installed
LWP::Simple : installed
File::Copy : installed
MIME::QuotedPrint : installed
HTTP::Request : installed
XML::Simple : will use AgoraCart Gold supplied version
Net::SSLeay : installed

If not, then it looks like the hosting account is running under a 'nobody' type of account, which is not good for e-commerce sites (causes things to be run insecurely) and Agora doesn't like it either.

BTW, GoDaddy and iPower are not really good hosts, either, especially iPower...

Get a Gold Membership
Thanks for your input - I am going to switch hosts.

One last question: this website is currently running a different shopping cart system which does quite a bit of business.

When I switch hosting companies, will it be possible to leave the website and current store running while I setup Agoracart, customize its layout, and add products on the new server, and then only change the DNS info once the entire agoracart store is setup on the new server? Or is agoracart going to need the final URL already in place in order to properly install and manage files?

You should be able to set up the cart and get it all ready to before the switch.
You will need to use URL's supplied by the web host and when you make the DNS switch,
change the URL's set in the manager to reflect the domain instead of the server URL.

Get a Gold Membership

If I am using a gateway such as Authorize.net, do I still need SSL on my hosting plan, or is all sensitive information only collected on an external payment site and the store itself does not need to be secure?

You do need SSL as any logo used on the payment page must be an SSL URL.
Also, when the customer is returned to the cart from AuthorizeNet, SSL must be utilized so that images and css elements of your receipt page can be viewed.

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1