The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Installation process pauses indefinitely
Post Installation process pauses indefinitely 
Hi-

I've had to do 3 different new installations of Agoracart this week, for different websites with different hosts. Each time, the first Server Results page looks fine, but when I continue the installation I get:

AgoraCart 5.2.005 Installation In Progress
The Standard version is installing ...
AgoraCart tarball file already here
AgoraCart is installing ...

and it hangs there infinitely. As I recall, it should just pause for a moment and then list all of the store files, right?

This has happened on all 3 installations, and I have never had this problem before with several other installations I've done.

From seeing the symptom, can you diagnose whether this would be a problem with the way I'm installing, or possibly a problem with the current installer?

Thank you.

I can, at least partially, answer my own question.

I never got a completion screen, but a while later I was able to access my store at http:www.whatever.com/store52/ and it looks like everything is working well.

Maybe I hadn't waited long enough for the complete notice, but I had let the install run for a good 15-20 minutes before giving up.

Out of curiosity, what were the web hosts that you were installing on?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
One on addr.com , one on a small independent host, and one on godaddy.

All had the same result: installation would stop on the "Installing . . ." page, but never indicate that it had finished. In each case, it actually had finished but there was no way for me to know. It did not list the unpacked contents.

Using the newest Firefox, seems possible it's a browser issue of not refreshing after install is done. Or an issue with the installer not indicating completion.

Well, the host may well be the problem...
GoDaddy is known to be a challenge.
For some reason, I think I've seen addr.com before
and they didn't work out too good before, either.
If server setups are not correct, or the way Agora likes them, they can cause problems.

Have you tried accessing the cart and manager after the install?
Is it working fully?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Yes, they are working fine. One hitch on one of the stores, where it asks me to login to the manager repeatedly and frequently.

I suspect this is because I am using temporary preview DNS, since I can't switch the DNS over to this new server until the store is all set up.

So it is an odd temporary URL for the store, which I think is causing the login issues.

Yeah, it sounds like there is a problem with the server being able to maintain state.
Are you using a "shared" url from the web host?
If you can, I would transfer files from the old site to the new site and change the DNS.
That way things could basically remain the same with the site while you are developing the cart.
Just put the new cart in a directory that is not called by any of the URLs currently in the site...

Get a Gold Membership

Unfortunately, I can't transfer the existing store (not agoracart, a very old-school hard-linked code-based kind of cart system) to the new host, and I need to have the new agoracart store ready before switching hosts because this business does sales every day and it would be detrimental for them to be offline fo even a few days. So I need to add about 500 products, plus details, and get the design and layout solid, ALL before switching hosts.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1