The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Agoracart not passing totals or invoice # to Paypal
Post Agoracart not passing totals or invoice # to Paypal 
Hi it's me again.

http://www.halfacrehome.com/market/agora.cgi

I customized the Ordering and Order Confirmation pages the other day. Today I attempted to process a sale but found when the cart transfers the user to Paypal it requires the user to enter the total price and there is no invoice number. All of the shop manager sales information in "View New Orders" is blank as well. I'm afraid I broke my agora.pl and/or paypal.pl files, but I just wanted to check before I started banging my head on something hard.Shocked I use Filezilla religiously to transfer files to my server so I'm hoping I just have a setting I failed to notice improperly set.

I am using only the Paypal gateway and using Agoracart v 5.2. If you need any more information to properly diagnose the situation, I will happily provide it. Thanks again for any insight.

Private message or email me your login credentials for the store manager and FTP.
It is hard to tell what is getting included in the passing of data to PayPal.
My email is agora at scottcrewwebservices.com

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I am surprised this isn't a common issue.

So can I just download and replace those files in the Library with fresh files and expect it to work if that's where the problem is? I was experiencing better connectivity prior to my changing them, so if I can just change those out without having to roll back further, that might be the quickest resolution.

If you have made ANY edits to those files, that would be a problem...
You MUST always maintain a backup of the file *before* you do any editing so that is a problem does occur, you can restore the store.
If at all possible, we do not recommend editing those files directly.
The use of codehooks and free form logic generally can be used to handle edits that you may need to do to the library files.

Why did you edit the library files and exactly which files did you edit?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I edited the agora_order_lib and the PayPal_order_lib files to change out buttons and change the text from "You forgot to fill in..." to "Please fill in...". I later found the "Make Changes" button field in the payment gateway (can you do rollover buttons in those fields?), but I never found another place to change the incomplete form text. I was directed to those files to make those changes via forum entries. The changes were easy and went very well...aside from breaking the store. I think I only had the presence of mind to backup one of those files before I started tinkering.

If I have to reinstall, so be it. What can be salvaged? Catastrophic errors make me stronger. Very Happy

You should be able to download a zip file of the store files from the download link (that would be the .tgz file).

You should not needed to make any changes to the agora_order_lib.pl file...
As for the buttons, you should have just changed the images in the 'protected/images' directory to have the image you wanted, not editing the file.

You can do mouseovers and it can be tricky to code properly.

Get a Gold Membership
How far back do I have to go? I reinstalled the two files and I can see my changes are gone but the link to Paypal isn't fixed (ie it isn't passing the totals or invoice number over). Do I have to start over with an entirely new clean install? or are there components I can salvage and just replace certain files and directories? or is it just that some setting isn't properly set?

The "Secure URL to your Gateway's server" is set to "https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business"
"The name you want for the order on the PayPal site:" is set to "PayPal Halfacre Home Purchase, INV#"
"The order number/identification you want to list/display at the PayPal site:" is set to "$sc_verify_inv_no"

Are any of these the culprit?

Thanks for your help

At this point, you could try just doing a reinstall to a different location.
Then set up the default cart, do not customize except to just get the cart all working through the checkout. Make sure that in the Shipping Settings manager the "Use Alternate Origins?" & "Enable Dimensions in Product Database?" are set to "NO". Also, in the sales tax manager the "Enable Non-Taxable Products?" is set "NO".
First get it all working using the offline gateway, then set up the PayPal gateway and make it primary. Then test.

Get a Gold Membership
OK, I tore up the store for an improperly coded submit button at the bottom of the Paypal order form.

Is there a directory or set of files I can import to get back the product entries?

Get a Gold Membership
I did. I got it working. Found the problem. Now I'm putting the pieces back together, and when I get close to the end I'll proceed more carefully with my changes and review the effects before I continue so I don't have to resort to wholesale destruction to determine what went wrong. Having the product database available would reduce the amount of work I have to repeat significantly.

Learning a lot though

You can always transfer in the data.file back in...
Especially if you installed to another location for the time being...

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1