The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
*confused*
Post *confused* 
I'm trying to build a webshop selling records, and since my hosting corporation (http://www.flexihostings.net) offered agoracart, i decided i'd use their installer (basically a button on their admin pannel with an "are you sure?", a selection of what foldername and an "installed!").

I installed agoracart in a folder called /basket, which now contains all the agoracart folders and files (with agora.cgi directly in /basket). The chmod settings seem to be overall correctly set (only .htmls and .pls are set to 644). I made a backup of the entire folder locally.

However, I'm now basically stuck: when i go to my /basket folder via a browser (IE) I get a "File not found" error, which I understand from the documentation is a common error message which could be a multitude of things. The error.log file is empty. I've read the installation guide on the agoracart site a few times now, but it seems to apply mostly to untarring it yourself - not to a hosting corp doing it for you.

Any help on where I should look or go next, or perhaps a simple activation procedure I missed? I'm pretty new at this cgi/perl thing *g*

Post RE: *confused* 
hell-o
something most ppl don't realize is that agoracart is a feature included with cpanel. the sysop can include or remove agoracart from the list of programs installed by virtue of cpanel. here's the catch. inclusion in cpanel does not assure that the server is capable or configured correctly to run agoracart. inexperianced or uncaring configuration of cpanel and server setup causes much headache.
ok, so there is one possibility. the other is that if cpanel is setup properly and the server is configured properly then you should not have to mess with file permissions at all. if the url ex:

http://www.domain.com/basket/agora.cgi

(if in the cgi-bin then correct the url) doesn't work and this url

http://www.domain.com/basket/protected/manager.cgi

doesn't work then here's what i would do...
log into your cpanel and remove your store. then install a fresh one. immediately try to access your storefront (make absolutely sure the url is correct!). if you have probs at this point accessing your store then post again with your store url and someone can probably help you out.
regards,
dan

Alright, thanks! The second url worked and I can now get into the manager functions where our hosting corporation already changed the user and password and filled out the url settings... the latter is where the problem lies: they filled them out with .nl (which doesn't exist) and not .com so i'll be fixing that and it should all be alright. The chmods should be fine as well.

Next problem... the corporation is based in the Netherlands, which has implications for the Payment gateways and Shipping handler's... (Its all too USA based:( ) but I think I can better deal with that over mail or something.

You will need to use the custom shipping logic to handle the shipping charges. For the payment gateway, you can always use the offline gateway and the corporation can manually submit the credit cards to their processor.
HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1