The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Is it worthwhile to upgrade?
Post Is it worthwhile to upgrade? 
My Service host (dot5 hosting) has Agora cart 4.0k-3 version installed, which I used to almost complete setting up my store. I've noticed a few differences on the forums here between what is discussed and what I actually see in my version, which has caused several hours of frustration at times. Is there much advantage to upgrading to the 4.0k-4b version? If so, what are the files that are different between the two versions? I have DL'ed the latest version on my PC, and uploading is not a problem, I just don't want to upload a file that I already modified and have to do it over again.

Upgrading is definitely a big plus. You get a lot of security updates which better protect both you and your potential customers. There are also numerous other upgrades to the core code.
Also, to get better support on this forum, you need to have the latest version as your version isn't really supported any more.
Just note which files you've made modifications to, make backups and just slowly add those modifications back in, testing after each mod is done.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks, I didn't realize there were that many modifications between 4.0k-3 and 4.0k-4b. The DL page has the following caveat:

"K-3 users do not need to upgrade as only three files changed, the password manager, store html, store actions."

If I knew which 3 files to which this referred I could save a lot of work.

Oops, perhaps you are right... I mis-read the version... I was thinking it was Version 3...
I'm just one that likes to stay up to date anyway. I have never seen the version you have, I came in on the project after that version.

Maybe Mister Ed might see this and be able to better answer your question.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post RE: Is it worthwhile to upgrade? 
hell-o
unless you're really up against it with modifications you may want to wait for the next version.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1