The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
COMPLETELY NEW TO AGORACART...ANY HELP PLEASE
Post COMPLETELY NEW TO AGORACART...ANY HELP PLEASE 
First of all I want to say I am a very basic user. I have two websites that I created using Frontpage (I know that can be a bad word for you pros...).
I know a little HTML, just what I have picked up from making these sites and listing on Ebay. Anyway, I have read your installation instructions and I am completely lost. I do not understand all the "tech lingo" such at cgi and determining my host id and telnet and all that. Way over my head. Sorry to be so ignorante. I currently us Paypal for my shopping cart. Which is very easy to use. You just go to their site create the button and copy and paste it into frontpage. I also do have an FTP that I use on occasion, although I don't completely understand it.

I want to try the FREE cart until I know that it is going to work for me. Then I want to try to set up so that I can accept CC and Paypal through this cart. I just want to try out the free version before I spend the money and find out it is to hard for me to deal with. Anyway does anyone have any "basic" installation instructions that someone like me can understand. I apologize, I am just not understanding all this and I want to make sure I do it right. Any help would be most appreciated. If you would like to look at my site to see how I have it set up, it is www.BareEscents.com

The FREE version is basically the same as the PRO version. It is a fully functional shopping cart and
can handle CC orders, as long as you have a merchant account.
There is an excellent beginner's tutorial on setting up the cart at:
http://www.allisonsonline.com/training/agora.cgi

If you don't have the installation available on your web host's cpanel, then follow the web install directions at:
http://www.agoracart.com/help/installing.html#web
You might, also, want to check the following before installing:
http://www.agoracart.com/help/whatid.html

If you have any more questions, come on back and post again. Smile
HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thank you very much. I will be looking into this shortly and I am sure I will be back.. Very Happy

What in the world do you presume is in domain name in the links to cause the filter to change it to: Laughing
Quote:
I like to sail on lake Michigan during lightning storms. Want to come with next time?.com

I have no idea why it is doing that. I tried to put the name in the first post and when I previewed it, that is what came up. I took it out. I don't know what that is. The site is a I like to run around all day waving my hands inthe air and screaming: I am Perl Harbor today site. I have never seen that before.
Any ideas from anyone?
The site is at www. S c r a p p i n Made EZ .com without the spaces (if I type S c r a p p i n without spaces on this site that comes up.

No, it not anything you are doing other that using a 4 letter word that starts with "c" in the middle of the word. Mister Ed set up word replacements for potentially offensive words and he's got a real sense of humor with them... Laughing
go figure... Rolling Eyes

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Still need help 
Ok. I think I have done everything I need to. I installed the cart from my hosts c-panel and it is the correct version. However, from everything I read this creates a store. I already have a website. So how do I get the cart into my website. I currently use Paypal shopping cart which is very easy. Is there a way that I can create the shopping cart buttons and copy/paste the html into my frontpage software?

Click on the link above, "AgoraCart Cool Tips & FAQ Forum Index". Then look for the category, "Add to Cart/Buy Now Buttons". There is lots of info in there.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1