The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
adding agoracart to a page
Post adding agoracart to a page 
My host at totalchoicehosting.com has agoracart set up in there cpanel so all i had to do to install it is tell it wut page to install it at.

After i did that it took me to a page where i can set up all the configuration. But then i tried figuring out how to add this cart to pages of my site but i couldn't figure it out.

Could anyone please tell me how to add the cart to pages of my site? Where can i get the HTML if there is one to add that to a page of my site?

Basically, you don't necessarily add the the cart to your pages, you add your products to AgoraCart's product database through the manager.
Do you have a lot of content on your site or is it basically an ecommerce site?
Can you post the URL to your site?

You can take a look at a beginner's tutorial at:
http://www.allisonsonline.com/training/agora.cgi

AgoraCart is very flexible, but you first need to figure out which configuration of the cart would be best suited for your site. It can be set up with "Buy Now" buttons, but it may not be in your best interest to do so.
If you post the URL to your site, we can better help you determine the best way to set up AgoraCart for your site.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Well I wasn't sure to either start the site first then when i'm done to add the shopping cart or to fix the shopping cart first then start the site.

Since i don't no much about shopping carts i decided to figure out how to use it first then start the site so thats what i did. I barely bought the domain name and host for my site yesterday and I added about 10 min of work to only the home page. I added a few things from other sites just to c how it would look. The link to my site is www.splaytech.com I'll be selling electronics on that site.

As you can c it has nothing on it. Do you prefer i start the site first then worry about shopping cart or wut?

Well, it looks like it is basically going to be an ecommerce site...

What you might want to just get the layout of the site done, how you want it to look. From that, you will be able to break it down into the header & footer files that the store will use.

You will want to set up your products in the database of the manager.

It is really good to first set up the manager, and to play around with the default products that are in the store, before trying to customize it. Then, you will have a good idea of how the cart functions and be able to identify what may have caused an error when you begin customizing.
When you start customizing the cart and editing the raw files of AgoraCart, do NOT use a WYSIWYG editor or the online editor in your cpanel. Use a plain html editor (I have some listed on my resources site: http://resources.scottcrew.com/soft.htm ) . Also, don't use the file manager in the cpanel to upload files. Use a simple FTP program, again, I some of those listed, too.
Always FTP files in ASCII mode and graphics in binary mode.

If you would like someone to work 1-on-1 with you, you can sign up for 1-on-1 Mentor/Advisor Tech Support at:
http://www.agoracart.com/proshop/agora.cgi?product=Tech_Support

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I'm using frontpage, is this cart compatible with it?
Also I played around with the cart on how to change things and stuff but isn't there a simple HTML of each one to put on a page of my site? where can i find that?

FrontPage has a tendency to break the cart, so it is NOT suggested to use FrontPage to edit the files in AgoraCart.

No, there is not simple HTML per se. The cart STILL needs to be set up and configured properly.
This is not like a PayPal cart it is more complex, more flexible, and more powerful.
Most things need to be changed and set up in the manager.
Please, visit the tutorial I mentioned above, it will help you get going with AgoraCart.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1