The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Integrating the cart into my site's look and feel
Post Integrating the cart into my site's look and feel 
Hello,

I hope I can explain my question...I read in this forum about how to integrate my cart into my site's specific look and feel. Basically I had to modify the store_header.inc file, which I did. Everything actually seems fine, except I just noticed something that is not quite right. If I do a view source on one of my pages, I see the folllowing:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Product Listing - DVD</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=#000000 Link=#0000FF vlink=#0000FF BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

<!--BEGIN HEADER TABLE-->
<head>
<title>Lucky Dog Race Shop</title>
</head>
<body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 background="/nascar3.jpg">

Below the comment <!--BEGIN HEADER TABLE-->
is what I edited into the store_header.inc file. What I don't understand is where the first 5 statements are being generated from. I need the <html> tag, but I do not need the rest - they are in my store_header.inc file. Does anyone know where these statements are generated so I can edit them? Thanks for any help!

Bob

<head>
<title>Lucky Dog Race Shop</title>
</head>
<body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 background="/nascar3.jpg">

These CANNOT be in the header file, it will really mess up the cart, big time...especially when it gets to the checkout...
The following post will help you set up these files properly.
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?t=1310

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm confused, because everything seems to be running fine as I have it. I'm not sure if I totally follow what you're telling me, but I'll try to work through it. Do I understand correctly that if I want javascript on the page I can enter:

$sc_standard_head_info = q~ PLACE JAVASCRIPT/CSS/META TAG INFO HERE ~;

in the freeform box 2 and it will get place correctly on the page? Thanks again.

Bob

Yes. But, any regular html files, I.E.: index.html & other pages in the 'html' directory and pages in the 'html/pages' directory, these will need to have the html, title, head, and body tags hard coded into those files. Then insert the %%StoreHeader%% token to call the store_header.inc file.

The problem with what you are doing with putting that "forbidden" stuff in the header is messing up all of the dynamically created pages which add the html, title, head, and body tags to the pages.
It will especially cause problems in the checkout that will prevent the cart from working properly and that is the important part. The last 2 pages of the checkout process are dynamically generated pages. It doesn't matter if the customer can add things to the cart if they can never purchase it correctly.
You MUST do things properly with AgoraCart or the results are going to mess things up. You can't just remove the "first 5 lines" that are added dynamically as it will mess everything up.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I still don't totally understand because I was able to go completely through checkout the way I had things with no problems. However, I did take your advice and got rid of that stuff from the store_header.inc file and I put my javascript/css and meta tags in the free form logic box 2 as you suggested. It seems to work fine with one problem. The store_header.inc worked fine, but when I removed the javascript/css from the secure_store_hearder the pages generated with that file did not recognize the javascript and css. For example, when I click on "check out", the page that comes up does not display properly but if I add the javascript back into the secure_store_header.inc it displays fine. Is there another parameter in the free form logic box I can add that is for the secure_store_header? Thanks.

Bob

You do need to add the javascript and CSS to the orderform, too, that will take care of the secure order form.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

I added the javascript and css to the order form and removed it from the secure_header_inc file. Everything seems to be fine now. Thanks so much! The url is http://www.luckydograceshop.com

Bob

Unfortunately I've come up with one more problem that I can not figure out. I think I've followed all of your suggestions, but now there is something not working quite right that was not a problem before. When I go all the way through and get to the form where I enter name, credit card info, etc., after you click submit you get an alert box stating "This page contains both secure and non-secure items - do you want to display the non-secure items?" I always got this popup, however, now when I get it, my page behind it does not display correctly. The top header is a broken image, and the page background image does not disply. If you click ok, the top header then displays ok, but the background image does not. You can see what I mean by going through the check out process on my site and just clicking submit without filling in any fields on the final form. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks again.

Bob

When Authorize.Net posts back to your site, it is a secure call, therefore, if the images in the secure_store_header.inc & secure_store_footer.inc file are not called securely, you will get the error. If you choose not to accept the insecure elements of the page, then you will get broken images, because they are not securely called.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
1) Put copies of all images used in the secure header and secure footer files in the protected/images directory
2) Call the images using: agora.cgi?secpicserve=/your_image.jpg

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I tried this and it had no effect. I called Authorize.Net and they told me that I have to send them the images and they have to load them into a file on their server in order for them to display properly. I don't quite follow this, but I'm giving that a shot. Thanks again, and thanks again to Bonnie for her help with this post.

Bob

you need to link to your images with the full https path to your images to avoid errors on a remote system. using a relative path to secpicserve is ok if using offline as the form is hosted by your domain.
for remote linking such as in auth.net you will find trouble free linking from the secure header and secure footer like this...
https://secure.domain.com/~youraccountname/img/header_and_footer_images.jpg
relative paths will break off site links.
another thing to look at is anti bandwidth theft programs. images may be blocked when calling from a remote site.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1