The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sorry, the agora.cgi file was not found!
Post Sorry, the agora.cgi file was not found! 
I followed several other topics and used ftp to upload according to instructions and tried to run the installtgz.cgi but get this error:

Sorry, the agora.cgi file was not found!
Pehaps there is a permissions problem?

The tar extraction result was:...

followed by lots of:

Permission denied
Cannot open: No such file or directory
Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory

So what is my next steps

I am using ws_ftp and have cmod the two files, the .tgz and the .cgi to read write and execute

pardon my ignorance, besides the cmod command in ws_ftp which offers read, write, and execute as permission options how else do you run the cmod command.

I tried to right click and run the cmod onthe folder in ws_ftp, but it is not an option

And, I am not familiar with my hosting package enough to where to define fodler level permissions

I will log into my hosting right now and fool with it, but any other direction will help

The directory needs to be set as follows:
owner - read, write, execute
group - read, execute
world - read, execute

This is the equivalent of 755...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
again, I did this for the files in teh folder, but cannot figure out how to do this for the folder level. My file manager in my hosting package does not allow folder property changes. And I cannot figure out how to use ws_ftp to change the folder permissions.

If I right click on the file name taht is where I can use the cmod (unix) command and set the permissions. But when I tied this on the fodler name, no such prompt is shown

I had some else log in with a more recent version of ws ftp and changed the chmod settings as you suggested, but am still getting the laundry list of errrors, do I need to re ftp the files to the folder?

http://wgwoodproducts.com/cgi-bin/installtgz.cgi

is the link

I am seeing a server error, which generally means the permissions are not set properly.
Upload the agoracgi.tgz file in binary mode and chmod to 755.
Upload the installtgz.cgi file in ASCII mode and chmod to 755.
Then run from the browser....
HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I re uploaded the isntall file hoping it would help, and now just reset the chmod on it. You will see the list of errors I originally got.

Do you have an option to install agoracart from your cpanel?

If you do, use that...

Do you have to run cgi scripts in the cgi-bin? If not, then try putting the install files in the public_html directory and run it from there...

Oh, yeah.... you might want to get a hold of the test_id.cgi script and run it to make sure what ID you are running under:
http://www.agoracart.com/help/whatid.html

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
I installed both in the correct way in the root and changed the route chmod of the route too.

http://wgwoodproducts.com/installtgz.cgi

now it is returning this error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /installtgz.cgi on this server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at wgwoodproducts.com Port 80

I will run the test script in both locations

I am starting to think that perhaps you may need to have a chat with the web host.
Especially if the test_id.cgi comes back with something other than your own id.
You're sure that you can even run cgi scipts on the server?? May be a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask....
BTW, who is your web host and what hosting package do you have?

Get a Gold Membership

base linux hosting that does allow scripting. I have started a support ticket with them and asked several questions including if they have other instances of agoracart running to their knowledge.

Post reply from hosting company 
6/27/2005
3:42:26 PM
Chris

All cgi scripts must be run in the cgi-bin directory (or a subdirectory in it). Files must have 755 permissions to be executed. Often if you are writing to files, the folders they are in and the files themselves need to have 777 permissions. Chmod commands can often be performed through many FTP programs to do this task, otherwise you can do so manually through a ssh client at the command prompt. I noticed the 2 cgi files in the cgi-bin already have 755 permissions and should run. Also be sure to check your error log (/logs/error_log) anytime you get error messages as they are parsed to this file whenever there is an error (the one they show in the browser usually does not tell you anything). Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Thank you,
Chris G.
Stargate Support Team

I posted the test script in the cgi-bin and am unclear about the path naming as described in the test script page

it is chmod 755

http://www.wgwoodproducts.com/cgi-bin/test_id.cgi

and it returns the following error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at wgwoodproducts.com Port 80

who is the webhost? do they have cpanel and have installable cgi programs? if not then they probably don't have
Options +ExecCGI
and probably don't have the appropriate handlers installed in the httpd file. it's possible they don't even have the appropriate mod files installed.
running cgi scipt is different then executing cgi scripts. so even though they say you can run cgi you may not be able to execute cgi programs. talk it over with them. many hosting setups disallow execcgi thinking that it's a security issue. for the most part it isn't. but if they don't want to mess with security they just say you can't do nothin but html (mostly).
if they can't or wont allow you to run cgi programs then switch hosting. i do hosting as well as mr ed. the best way to tell if the server is set up to your needs is to upload the two install files, chmod then access the installtgz.cgi file through your browser. aside from user error the store should install straight away. it is that easy. if not then give the hosting a chance to fix it. if they don't then change hosting.
regards,
dan

Post hosting package 
stargate.com

base linux hosting that does allow scripting. I have started a support ticket with them and asked several questions including if they have other instances of agoracart running to their knowledge.

I am going with your recomendations, and if they have not resolved it via tickets by this afternoon, I will spend some time with them on the phone

good luck.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1