The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Internal Server Error
Post Internal Server Error 
I have a client that already had agoracart installed on her site move her site to our server. She just ftp'd the whole site including the store over. Ther permissions look fine, but the cgi's actually show the cgi code, they don't display what they should. I checked to be sure the files are 755 and that the webserver was set to exec cgi's from that directory. I run apache with mod_perl on fedora core 3. I downloaded the test_id.cgi and it does the same thing. I do have another cgi installed and working fine. In my apache logs I see:
[Fri Aug 05 12:27:04 2005] [error] [client 166.102.93.104] (2)No such file or directory: exec of '/var/www/cgi-bin/test_id.cgi' failed
[Fri Aug 05 12:27:04 2005] [error] [client 166.102.93.104] Premature end of script headers: test_id.cgi

It's not the command it's running, nor the perl path (I checked that too). If I copy the perl code out of the middle of that script and put it in my other script, it works fine. I can't figure out why the agora files, even the test_id.cgi won't execute.

This is the folder that I've put the test files in:
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Aug 5 12:39 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 webd users 4096 Aug 5 12:20 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 310 Aug 5 10:47 ctest.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2777 Aug 5 12:39 test_id.cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1280 Aug 5 12:36 testid.cgi

the testid.cgi and ctest work, but the agora test_id.cgi doesn't.

it sounds like the server is set up correctly. the files may have been uploaded in the wrong mode. some agoracart files go in binary and some go in ascii. if any of the ascii files went in binary either on download or upload you can experiance unexpected results.
here is what i would do. go to agoracart.com and follow the instructions to do a web install. if you can process a web install and have a working store then you know the files that your client downloaded are probably corrupted.
if you still have access to the old working store then you'll need to detemine which files were customized and download only them. then upload to the new store. all must be transfered in the appropriate mode for the file type. inc, html,html,cgi,pl, any readme, txt, doc will probably be the only ones you will be downloading which transfer in ascii. jpg, gif, png. some pgp files and the wrapper files go in binary.
so do a web install to determine whether or not it's a fact your sever can support agoracart. also it's a good idea to make sure you sty with the same version when transferring. if the old store is not 4.0k-4b then be careful when updating the new store with cgi or pl files. you may have to extract any hacks or customization then manually apply to the new store.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1