The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
preview cart
Post preview cart 
Ok. I promise I dont take your time and knowledge for granted- I did look for answers first but didnt find it (not to say answers werent there. I just didnt find them)

Im working on my first cart. I have added the first three products. Now, Im wondering if I can preview the shopping cart... how would I do this?

Also, can you direct me to where I would learn how to run tests on my cart (when I get to that point) to make sure its working?

Also there is currently a functioning shopping cart and payment processor on the site. Im intending to let that stay the way it is while I work with agora and figure it out and get it working. I installed agora on the server and in my site directory. Doesnt appear to conflict with the present site- of course there is no html/script link to agora yet. Any big red flags going up for you? Any common error I should know about?

Thanks a million.

There would be no conflicts as long as you don't change any links in the main site before getting the cart operational.
What is the URL to the store?
To run tests, just access the cart and surf/shop as a customer might. When you run into a problem, then search for the answer and fix it.
The first thing you will want to do is to set up the manager as much as you can. A great tutorial is at:
http://www.allisonsonline.com/training/agora.cgi

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post thanks! 
Thank you. I will study that tutorial link you gave me! I appreciate that. Just a quick followup question... to be sure I understand.

www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart
www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart/index.html
www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart/agora.cgi

When I try to link to the site via the above urls I get a 404 page. Perhaps this is because I havent finished setting up the cart? Or is there another issue?

Thanks A

Quote:
www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart
www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart/index.html
www.mysite.com/public_html/shopcart/agora.cgi

given the paths above your link to the storefront should look like this:

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/shopcart/agora.cgi">shoppingcart</a>

or you can type this into your address bar:

http://www.mysite.com/shopcart/agora.cgi

your store should be accessable directly after a fresh install without problems. you just can't checkout until you setup the offline gateway url.

the address to your manager will be:

http://www.mysite.com/shopcart/protected/manager.cgi

there is also a link on the default storfront to your manager login screen.

don't worry about asking questions. if you have one ask! get that store up and running and make some sales :-)

regards,
dan

Thank you! And, thanks for the wholehearted encouragement and for welcoming my questions!

OK heres a question out of left field:

What is considered proper etiquette: To post a "thank you" in a forum (when "thank you" is all I have to say) or to not respond at all (unless I have another question) ?

I want to be respectful- so I dont want to bother moderators. Yet, I want to let them know I appreciate their efforts and respect their time. Catch-22.

So, is posting a note to just to say "thank you" likely to annoy a moderator (for having to go pick it up, etc)? Or, would it be appreciated?

At this point you're probably saying "this guy thinks waaaaaay too much!" To which I would have to respond, "I know! I know!"

LOL!

Post re: thank you/no thank you. i mean no, thank you. i think 
hell-o
lmao
well, everyone appreciates a thank you as much as the help provided. no thank you is necessary (or should i say a thank you is not necessary)- just send money! heh heh j/k
you are correct though, getting notified that there's a response to a post i come-a-runnin with lights and siren only to find a thank you. geeze the nerve! the least people could do is purposely ruin their store to test our ability to play 60 questions and figure out what went wrong before the clock stops.
here's how i see it. we're all very busy you and i and everyone else trying to take care of their own business. a thank you is pretty cool but like the radio talk show host, after the 20th "how are you" you just blow it off or it grates on the nerves (well meaning of course).
lets do this. no other thank you is necessary until you feel so compelled you're gonna blow up. we cann't have you scattered all over the place makin a big mess so go right ahead.

regards,
dan
btw, thank you for the thank you and yw

A thank-you is great, especially if what we tell you works. The thank-you lets others know that the responses in the thread help resolve your issue and the thread doesn't feel like it is still open and unresolved.
Not to mention, the thank-you makes those who assisted feel that their help was appreciated.....

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1