The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Constantly asks for username & password...why?
Post Constantly asks for username & password...why? 
i have been tryin to change some settings and i've noticed that if i dun change settings in time, it will ask me for my username and password once submit has been selected and all my changed settings will be lost and not saved, is there a way to change this?

i can't seem to figure it out
thx
ej

make sure your store dir is set properlly that can be the major issue.... it has to include the www. part... example - www.domain.com will work where as domain.com will cause errors....

hope that helps

Another thing I have found is that if .htaccess is not set, it may do this as well.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
i strongly doubt thats the problem, since it does the same to me on the demo provided by Agora. As i log in, i try to change settings or add an item or do anything, and often it repetitively asks for my username/password.....i beleive that this may be a network/router problem
What i have dun is disconnected myself from the router and directly connected myself to the cable modem. This way there are no firewalls or any of that business to block me from certain things. I beleive part of the problem has been solved. 1 problem still remains is that when i try to edit an item, i click on 'submit edit' once finished editting and it asks me to re-enter my username/password, this also happens when i try to add a new item.
....thank you sooo much for your help, if u have any more advice i'd greatly appreciate it
thx in advance
ej

and by the way, how would i go about edittin my .htaccess?

Last edited by ejeffay on Wed Jan 05, 05 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
check to make sure you allow cookies.... that might be another cause

oh, well funny thing is that that was my first thought. That maybe there is something wrong with my cookie settings...but i'm kind of embarassed to say this, but i'm not too sure on how to change them...but i'm sure i can do it with a bit of assistance Embarassed

i feel like an idiot now sayin thing, but i fixed the problem, all i did was downloaded a different browser (firefox) and now everyhting works fine Smile..thx so much for helpin fellas, really appreciate it Very Happy

Well, if it was in the browser, it was probably cookie settings which are found, in IE, in the tools tab -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> websites
Put in the address of your site, you can leave off the www., then click on the "Allow" button.
Of course if you have a firewall or internet security, you will want to at:
tools tab -> Internet Options -> Privacy
Click the "Advanced" button and tick the Override Automatic Cookie Handling box. This will then allow the firewall or internet security handle the cookies.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
wow thx very much Smile you guyz have been great Very Happy

Post RE: Constantly asks for username & password...why? 
hell-o
you also should have

tools>internet options>privacy>advanced
accept first party cookies
always allow session cookies

these two are very important if you use the browser for login purposes. if you never log into anything and just use the browser to surf the net and don't want cookies on your computer then disable.

regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1