The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Store manager won't run
Post Store manager won't run 
Crying or Very sadI'm trying to use Agoracart for the first time and have installed through Cpanel.

However, store manager won't run, the page just resets when I hit return. the path I'm using is http://www.mydomain/public_html/store3/protected/manager.cgi.

I've tried resetting all the relevant file permissions as suggested in the Agora help page (755 and 766) but it still won't let me in.

The default user/password to access the manager is manager/admin

Also, please do not post the same question in 2 places of the forum, it does not get the question answer any sooner. Thanks!

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Store manager wont run 
I select 'modify an existing cart from CPanel. Then I get a dialogue and key in the username and password I set when installing the store from CPanel, then I get the AgoraCart Store Manager login page. At that point I key in the path to manager.cgi in the username box, and my password in the password box. When I click 'submit' the web page just refreshes.

At that point I key in the path to manager.cgi in the username box, and my password in the password box.

If you are at the Store Manager login why would you be trying to put a path in for username? As Bonnie mentioned above the default username is "manager" and the password "admin". You may want to check out the following tutorial for beginners. It will assist you to get the cart operational.
http://www.allisonsonline.com/training/agora.cgi

Apologies for the duplicate posting.

Just to explain what happened, when you set a username & password from the cpanel, you were only setting up the .htaccess.
AgoraCart's login info had not changed at all. So to actually access the manager you needed to put in manager/admin to get into the manager.
Now that you've gotten into the manager, you can used the password manager, in the manager, to set the user/pass combo to the same as the .htaccess that was set up from the cpanel.
Remember though, that when you go to sign in again, you will probably need to use the user/pass in the pop-up and then again on the actual manager log in page.

HTH!~ Smile

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I signed up here to learn the answer to the same question. I've installed my store through the CP at IPowerweb, and when I try to access the store manager with the username/password of manager/admin, I get returned to the same login screen. I never get beyond that.

I should add that I have also tried to use the the login/password with which I created the store through my CP. Neither one works.

When the first login window comes up put int the user name and password you use to login to Cpanel. That should get you to the manager login. If that doesn't work do the following.

Go to Cpanel>File Manager and to the store/protected/misc directory. Click on the mgr_pass.pl file and click on whatever Cpanel has in the list at the upper right to view the file. If, by chance, you have set a password for the Store Manager it will appear in the file. If the default are in the file go to the store/protected directory and delete the .htaccess file. That should allow you to login to Store Manager and you can create a new .htaccess file from the manager.

Also, you will want to get a FTP utility, as it is a much better way to manage files than using Cpanel.

Once all this is straightened out you will be able to access Store Manager using your browser. The URL will be the path to your store with /protected/manager.cgi. Example:
http://www.your_domain/store/protected/manager.cgi

Thank you for the assist, milehightrader.

First, there is no file called mgr_pass.pl under the protected directory, and there is no misc directory under protected (if that was your meaning). I find no mgr_pass.pl file anywhere. Looking at the store through both my CP and FTP Voyager, there is no such file to be found in any directory.

I deleted the .htaccess file under the /protected directory. When I tried to login, I was warned that I had no .htaccess file and that I would still need to set the password. Neither the site login/password nor manager/admin would let me in.

If I am still doing something wrong, I don't know what it is. I have a good hex editor here, and can create a mgr_pass.pl file if necessary.

What version of AgoraCart are you running?

Get a Gold Membership
I installed it using iPowerWeb, and the screen says:

Quote:
Agora.cgi DELUXE Store Manager ver. 4.0

Should I manually install a newer version, if there is one?

Just 4.0? No letters after it? Current version is 4.0K-4b.
If you upload the current version it will rewrite the old user/pass, whatever that is, and you can try it again.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
Ok, new version installed manually, all is fine. I finally got into my manager. Thanks!

Glad to hear that you've finally got in! Very Happy

Get a Gold Membership
I'm going through the same thing with Cpanel.. My username and password is recognized and gets me into the manager, but as soon as I click on ay of the settings , add cart, etc.. I'm booted out to the log-in page...

The version is 4.0-4b... and the mgr_pl.file does have the correct user name and password... the user name and password is recognized, and I am allowed to acess the store manager main page, but that's it..

Even with the manager/admin user name and password, there is the same thing..

also, my host is simplenet and they say everything should be working fine.. despite my best effort to convince them that it isn't.

I have tried deleting the hta acess file and starting over too, but it's still the same thing.. I get looped back to the log-in

I have been at this since 7:30 this morning, and still no help is to be found..

what is the deal ???

Well, the store layout link is actually working now, but that's it.. at least something is Very Happy

Get a Gold Membership
Post Store manager won't run 
hell-o
do you have aol?
which browser are you using?
are you behind a firewall?
make sure it has a www.
http://www.domain.com/store/agora.cgi
referrers and cookies wont set properly if there is no www. if the store url is correct then scroll down and submit to assure the agora user file is updated correctly.
regards,
dan

yes, my browser is set to accept cookies..

yes, I am using aol.. using it's browser

the manager will not let me set my URL, it won't let me do anything except "edit product" and "store layout "

Also, editing my store front's html worked great, but now I can't view it at all...

ok, deleting everything and starting all over again.....

Post RE: Store manager won't run 
hell-o
the problem is the aol browser. minimize it to your task bar and use any other major browser... IE, opera, firefox to access your store manager. this is the problem and is not agoracart, the install nor is it a server problem.
regards,
dan

Not sure what you may have done, but you could always delete that install of the cart and start with a fresh install.
When you go to access the manager, DO NOT use AOL's browser. Use a bstraight browser like IE, Netscape, FireFox or Opera.
HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1