The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
password problems
Post password problems 
I have installed the cart at www.eight-treasures.com/cgi-bin/store/ but am now unable to access manager.cgi. I was able to access it as soon as I installed it using the manager/admin pw and changed the pw to my own. Then I clicked the htaccess link and changed the user and pw there. Now whenever I am asked for the user id and pw it wont authorize.

I am certainly willing to admit that I may have made a typo when I set up the pw but when I went to uninstall the cart through my ftp client I'm told permission is denied.

I tried to reinstall over the existing files and that didn't work either and the .htaccess file still shows the time I originally changed the pw.

Any help would be great as I'm getting a little worried beyond hair repair. I've actually installed agoracart a few times before without any problems so I'm obviously doing something stupid.

Thanks for any help.

The first thing you want to do is to delete the .htaccess file in the protected directory of the store. Then try to log into the manager.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I just got off the phone with the host and it looks like the whole store folder is corrupted somehow as neither I nor they were able to delete the files - permission denied. Couldn't even add a subfolder in the store folder. Have you heard of this happening with this build of the cart before, or is this new?

Web hosts have a way of doing these strange things, it has nothing to do with the cart.
Was this an install from the host's cpanel or a fresh install from files at agoracart.com?
Either way you might want to download a fresh copy of the cart from agoracart.com. Then try to do a fresh install using instruction for installation that are posted on this site.

HTH!~

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
This was a fresh install from the files I downloaded from agoracart today. Glad this isn't a common problem. I've got to wait a few days for the techies to get in there and clean it out somehow then I'll download the files from scratch and upload again. Thanks for the help.

Post file and folder ownership 
hell-o
whenever you can't delete, add, edit files and folders you don't have ownership of your files and folders. you can try to change file permissions but i doubt that will make a difference. have them install wrappers on your domain or have the sysop delete the files and folders or install wrappers for your store.
this is a real problem. if they can't allow ownership of the files and folders on your domain then it will be a battle to accomplish all kinds of e-commerce problems.
please post if and when you have a resolution to your problems.
btw, who is your hosting service?
regards,
dan

The host is Network Solutions. A friend set this all up for their business and I'm just helping them out - turned in to a pain in the derrier though.

Anyway, after several attempts to get the permissions fixed I finally got them to delete the whole store folder (which I was unable to do myself). I then did as suggested and downloaded the agora files from scratch, reinstalled and so far it seems to be working ok.

I'm assuming that something wierd happened along the way and somehow the folder became corrupted.

Thanks for all the help.

Post RE: followup 
hell-o
thanks for the info. it sound more like a server set up prob that was fixed. anyway, good deal!
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1