The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
a webbased installation: is this correct?
Post a webbased installation: is this correct? 
Quote:
don't do a cpanel install. upload the install file and the tgz and do a web install.

As testcase i do first a webinstall on my own server and use the cgi-bin folder ( for the final installation i don't use it anymore)

So i installed the Agora programfiles and install file on the server

http://www.janzerospec.com/cgi-bin/shopzs1/installtgz.cgi

But get a error : Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!

- i download the CGI Installer file for TGZ AgoraCart Files - installtgz.zip (Zip File) and unzip this

- than i download teh installer files and unzip too, BUT there are 6 steps to follow and step 1 is not clear for me?

STEP 1 -- Put the correct path to perl on line 1 of this file,
# above. ?????????????
!/usr/bin/perl

so the only explanation for this could be

http://www.janzerospec.com/cgi-bin/shopzs1/installtgz.cgi
installtgz.cgi

=>
cgi-bin/shopzs1/installtgz.cgi
Note:
it seems that the cgi-bin is located in a directorie? : !/usr/bin/perl
so better is than .. shopzs1/cgi-bin/installtgz.cgi?

Q what is the correct installation?

doumawis Smile

You keep talking about the installer file, but did you upload the agoracgi.tgz file in binary to the server, in the same location as the installtgz.cgi file?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
You keep talking about the installer file, but did you upload the agoracgi.tgz file in binary to the server, in the same location as the installtgz.cgi file

i make it a confusing i see ( sorry for that)
- programfiles=> agoracgi.tgz file in binary => probably i did it not correct via dreamweaver uploading : so i must install it a special ftp program to upload it to the server and in binairy format ( probably i can choose in what format?)
-installationfiles => also uploaded via dreamweaver

I don't know the format the dreamweaverupload

Note: binairy seems to me the code in 0 and 1 's

doumawis Smile

Never use Dreamweaver for uploads... get a good ftp program. I have a few listed on my resources site at:
http://resources.scottcrew.com/soft.htm

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

i was just looking to get a (free) ftp program and see some names

Well let me try to install agora again on my own server => if this is going oke ( testinstall and starting up), than later to the server for the new shop
Note: on

programfiles=>binairy format=> so unzip and upload in binairy format
installerfiles => binairy format=> .....

I have to study this again

doumawis Smile

installtgz.cgi in ASCII
agoracgi.tgz in binary
Then chmod/set permissions of BOTH to 755.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

doumawis Smile

Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!

- i download programfiles : agoracgi.tgz and unzip then in ftp programma in directory storezs( teststore) as binairy files
- i download installationfiles: installtgzcgi and unzip and download to dir storezs as asc2 format

Now chmod ?
-all directories of programfiles to 755=> not the actual binair files itself
- installationfile to 755

So i thinki have to set permission to all bin files inside the directories?

BUT that is a lot of work, perhaps there is a quicker way?

Checking the file format of teh uploaded binaire files in teh cpanel shows that they are in the File Type: ASCII text, with no line terminators => Question
(no binaire format?)

Well it is not a smooth install

I used FileZilla as ftp program( and checked the fileformat), but perhaps it has something to do with my server?

i have to study teh installation again , because it it so confusing the the onlinemanual

HOW Confusing when you see the first lines of the online manual

Quote:
AgoraCart Shopping Cart - agoracgi.tgz
or
AgoraCart Shopping Cart - agoracgi.tar.gz

That is really confusing because there is no explanation at the start for the person what file he should choose
THE WHOLE MIXING OF 2 TYPE OF FILES MAKES IT NOT CLEAR for me

doumawis Smile

Last edited by doumawis on Fri Apr 01, 05 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
If the files were installed then, they should already be chmoded properly.
Just make sure that the agora.cgi, picserve.cgi, and protected/manager.cgi are all chmoded to 755.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Just make sure that the agora.cgi, picserve.cgi, and protected/manager.cgi are all chmoded to 755.

HTH

well agora.cgi, picserve.cgi are not visible in storezs(testshop) dir?

They are visible in the first cpanel installation of the teh shopzs dir ( my present shop who has to be installed now on a other server)
BUT first i make a test installation on my own server

so hidden files or what?

NO : SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH ZIP UNPACK=> CORRECTION
NO Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!
SO I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN

The question is that i am not sure what is necessary for the installation
i read the onlinemanual but there are 2 type of webinstall files used

This text here below is for me acadabra?????????????????????????

Quote:
This section covers extracting the agoracgi.tgz file to your hard drive once you have downloaded the file. The most recent copies are located in each support forum files section or on the download page located in the links to the left.

The purpose of extracting files you your computer's hard drive is so that you can edit individual files and/or extract the agoracgi.tar file from within the agoracgi.tgz file.

Once you've downloaded the agoracgi.tgz file to your hard drive, you will need ( WHY?)to extract the files from the tarball (Unix compressed file)(WHY SHOULD I USE TARBALL FILES?: LINUX => UNIX=> OTHER OPERATINGSYSTEM=> but i have lunix ( after a while a become a lunatic from this all)) so that you can edit the individual files you need to change after the store is installed on your server. Some programs such as WinZip and WinRAR allow you to extract the agoracgi.tar file as well as the complete directory structure from the compressed file. If you don't have either one, we recommend you install one of them before proceeding. WinZip is $29 after the initial evaluation period and is the one we use at K-Factor Technologies, Inc.

To extract onto your computer (Windows users), find and double click on the agoracgi.tgz file. This should pull up the extraction software you use (WinZip or WinRAR for example). Both of the programs ??????should allow you to extract a .tar file and you should experiment if you are not sure how that works. You can do that if you wish or if needed. But for the most part you need to extract the individual files so that you can edit the files such as the main pages, headers, footers, etc. If WinZip doesn't work on the .tgz file, then try WinRAR to extract the agoracgi.tar file first.

Extracted files will be within a directory called "store" if all went well. Once you have those files, you have those files extracted, you are ready to upload the agoracgi.tgz or agoracgi.tar file to your server and install the store on your server / hosting account. If you have TELNET or SSH access, use that method as it's much more reliable. If these types of access are not available on your server / hosting account, then use the web installation method.

Seems to be not possible to give clear instructions for newbies to install the Agoracart ?

Further: unzipped programfiles will be placed in dir "store"and ofcourse "store" means give your own store ( storezs ) dir name?
So the files are placed in ( my situation) in dir storezs=> is this correct?

doumawis Smile

again with this url http://www.janzerospec.com/storezs/installtgz.cgi

i got a normal error : Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!

doumawis Smile

--Q1: the installationfile : see step1 : This file is actually a perl program that may be used to install
# AgoraCart on a UNIX/LINUX/FreeBSD flavored web hosting server that
# has only FTP access. Wrappers may need to be installed separately.
#
# Copyright 2000-2001 Steve Kneizys
# and Copywrite 2002-2004 K-Factor Technologies, Inc. http://www.AgoraCart.com
# All Rights reserved
#
# STEP 1 -- Put the correct path to perl on line 1 of this file,
# above.=> HOW ABOUT THIS?

-- Q2 : must the bin-cgi be used?

doumawis Smile

If you didn't have to change it before, you dont have to change it now.

If worst comes to worst, just unzipp the file in your local computer and then upload each of the files to the server.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
If worst comes to worst, just unzipp the file in your local computer and then upload each of the files to the server.
[/quote]
well if i unzip the programfiles than they will be placed in a dir store

My idea is to place all files in the dir storeand transfer them to my own dir named storezs=>that's possible ofcourse ?

With Filegorilla (ftp program) i did a que operation=> you say to me do all files one by one by hand? or do you mean each of the files within a subdirectories?=> so i can upload one dir and than again a other dir?

One by one ? => it seems me to not the smartest solution?
Time .. is on my site , oh yes it is: haha

REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY A WARMING UP(TEST) FOR THE FINAL INSTALLATION
....LATER FOR THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

doumawis Smile

Well the server errorlog produced something what was going wrong when
i tried to executed the installation file in the url..

i did 3-times a installation : yes

Quote:
Error Log

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last 300 Error Log Messages in reverse order:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2005-04-01 17:08:01]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/store/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 17:07:19]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/store/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 17:07:11]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/store/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 17:07:06]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/store/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 17:06:58]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/store/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 15:33:04]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 15:32:29]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-04-01 15:32:15]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/storezs/installtgz.cgi)
[2005-03-28 18:00:15]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 18:00:10]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/PayPalIPN-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 18:00:06]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 17:57:59]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/PayPalIPN-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 17:57:16]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 17:57:03]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 17:56:32]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)
[2005-03-28 17:55:59]: error: file has no execute permission: (/home/janzeros/public_html/shopzs/custom/Offline-order_lib.pl)

could this be of any help?

Answer it seems that he file .. installtgz.cgi has no permission!!oops

doumawis Smile

Last edited by doumawis on Fri Apr 01, 05 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
It just looks like the permissions are not set properly.

Get a Gold Membership
well i chanced the chmod for the install file and then i getthis error : Sorry, the agoracgi.tgz file was not found!

This is not really fun anymore because we are talking about a normal web installation of a program

I think indeed that it has something to do with the permission : how about the configurationfile for the database?

i do have some other experiences with a other shoppingcart and there must be written a config file

well..

doumwis Smile

What about the agoracgi.tgz file what is it chmoded to?

Get a Gold Membership
What about the agoracgi.tgz file what is it chmoded to?

well Upload:
installtgz.cgi in ASCII
agoracgi.tgz in binary
Then chmod/set permissions of BOTH to 755.

it means that the all programfiles collected in a "store" dir( in my case storezs) that this dir has chmod 755

doumawis Smile

i just realized that when i upload the binaire programfiles and installationfiles files that on teh background of my sytem there are 2 things scanning:

- antivirus=> this one is working al the time
- norton utilities : ?
- i disable the firewall

So the file upload could be disturbed by these programs? although multitasking?

doumawis Smile

i look at Ralph's installation guide( pro forum) to install the agora agoracgi.tgz programma zip via teh c-panel

It seems to be very easy AND WORKING
http://www.janzerospec.com/store/agora.cgi

- download agoracgi.tgz .zip and upload in asc2 format to public_html dir on server
- than extract in cpanel and ready ! => start up via browser: ..../ agori.cgi

note: agora is placed in a dir: store=> how to chance this in a anohter name?

Oke, and now to chance this default shop in teh existing shop by overwriting the default files?=> result?

doumawis Smile

Oke, and now to chance this default shop in teh existing shop by overwriting the default files?=> result?

Oke i overwrite the programfiles of the defaultssop with my files and the new in dir store is there!
it works
The shopmaking is divided in 2 folders :
- imageshop
- shopzs

So i did not yet upload the imageshop folder=> when i do that than i have to construct the pages again for the new shop

The test installation seems to be succesful and no trubbles

doumawis Smile

The test installation seems to be succesful and no trubbles

Now i installed the default agoracart on my brother server via the pro forum Ralphmethod
AND it goes very well http://www.zerospec.com/store/agora.cgi

doumawis Smile

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1