The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Problems with a standard web install....
Post Problems with a standard web install.... 
Hi,
I'm by no means new to agoracart and have installed many on my accounts, but of lately I have found it neigh on impossible to install the carts.

I recently had a spat of the carts not installing unless I made the /store/ directory and chmoded to 777, then I had problems with the files not accepting chmod and deletion or overwrite, then after speaking to my host they would set it to work (somehow, without telling me how)......

and just recently I had a really bad spat of the same thing, this time I had to delete the whole account because the store would not work, and after checking I noticed it was running under 99 (nobody).........
checking my hosting program I realised it held a wrapper which configured a directory called scgi-bin....... I installed the cart and run the script and it went in lovely.......

quite pleased I checked it and blow me down it came up with I am sorry but I was unable to require ./admin_files/agora_user_lib.pl at line 53 in store/agora.cgi.
Would you please make sure that you have the path correct and that the permissions are set so that I have read access? Thank you. (webmaster@dream-abrasives.co.uk)

I have checked the perms and the path, and I have even done a test on whois in the directory and everything is fine...........
This has really got me confused and I don't know where to go from here.......

Any help would be most grateful, else its onto Actinic for me I'm afraid.

Regards.
Glen

This really sounds like you've got some server issues. You should probably be speaking to your web host about this, too.
Who is the web host?
Have you run the test_id script to make sure you aren't running under nobody?
You have checked that the file actually is in the admin_files directory?

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for a quick reply.
Yes I have checked whois through the test script and when I set up the store normally it works but comes up as (nobody) and I can't do anything with the files eg, chmod, delete, overwrite etc.
but when i set it up in the wrapped folder scgi-bin I can do anything I want with the files and it extracts perfectly, but it comes up with the perms problem when I try to run the store......

Am in contact with my host "prowebspace.com" and they have already helped me out with two previous installs by some how patching the directories because some of the files in the patched directories run under my user Id and some under 99 (nobody) so I don't know what they have done and they won't offer the information, but at least those work.

I think I shall have to ask them to install wrappers or give me shell rights to the server because it is such a bind now to keep asking them to patch the installs.... they say it is not them so it must be the script, that is why i eventually asked the question here.
They have always been fine in the past and installs used to go in fine so I am at a loss.

Well if it ain't the script, then its back to the host again.
thanks anyway.

Regards.
Glen

Yeah, any time it is running under nobody, there will be problems.
Definitely talk with your web host and explain that your account need to be set up under your id so that your scripts will run properly.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
if the server is set up correctly agoracart will always (providing there is no corruption during unpacking) install and run properly. the problem is with the server (your hosting). either they should wrap your account to run under your id or you should consider moving to a hosting company which maintains functionality for cgi progrmming.
many hosting companys are setting things up for php and the like (which they set to run under cgi!) and tighten the screws for cgi because they don't understand cgi or perl.
the biggest problem here is the implication that even other programs (non cgi) are more likely to have problems too.

tell em i'll be hosting you if they don't get it straight. LOL
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1