The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New setup
Post New setup 
People,
I'm looking to integrate the cart into an existing site that is content-rich.
I would greatly appreciate your visiting the site, and giving advice.
Thank you so much.
Steven Nestler

http://stevennestler.com

so you made it to el cajon, huh? i grew up there. Smile
nice site and pics!
you have everything in html which is very good! i would revisit the pages and concentrate on 2 things.
more keywords based text for the pics (if you can). key words that ppl may likely use related to each pic, uniquely. but not too much. kind of a tough task but anything that will possibly increase traffic to your site/pages will help. it looks really good and gallery tpye appearance. but this is the internet and is based on text and targeted words (a variety) to drive traffic from the search engines and directories.
i would devleop the store with a dB only if there there are complicated options like qty discounts. otherwise "buy now" buttons descreet but visible would be best. especially since you already have the static website developed.
regards,
dan

Post Thanks! 
Dan,
Yes, I lived in El Cajon from 1979-1980, and really enjoyed it, except for summer heat & air inversions.

Thanks for the comments on the site; I'll take your recommendations to heart.

I'm sure I'll have a million more questions; thanks for the rapid response!
I see a version of Agora with SQL is coming. Any idea of timing?

Regards,
Steven

all i know is it's planned release is sometime this summer (mysql).
fire away with the questions. grin
i used to shoot nature out at old mission dam. when i lived there is was kinda wild and wolly. probably all houses now.
be sure to join the lifetime group if you can. there are some things there that may help you. if you're going to run a non dB store then you wont need the mysql version. i suggest you keep building on your static pages and use add to cart button forms there.
regards,
dan

Post Yet another question 
Dan,
I'm thinking about the architecture of the cart, and I guess the best way is to use a static page with a "buy now" link, that would put the item in the cart, and then show the "cart contents" page, with a link to secure checkout.
I've built the rest of the site with Dreamweaver, although I know it generates a lot of junk html. Is using Dreamweaver a problem?
Thanks,
Steven

dreamweaver and most other wysiwyg editors have advanced correction features. most common is the subsitution of special characters such as the ampersand. if the feature is enabled then the program will change "&" to "&" when it feels the code is more perferencial than the charater itself. this will break js and perl and php along with other coding. furthermore, they have correction features which correct when launching a file as well as when closing. some report the changes and some don't.
to do simple forms like you will need you should be ok. when editing any files within the store folder you must becareful that no subsitution occurs. in dreamweaver preferences you can turn off the auto stuff.
some dreamweaver comments (and frontpage too) can break the agora.cgi program because agorascript uses the html comment structure as a container to launch the code in the container. if the editor includes special characters, especially in a perl oriented sequence, then agora.cgi may interprit the comment as code and try to run it. not a good thing.
so, yes you can use dw but you must be careful. in addition if you use dw as a client to transfer files to and from your pc to your server then make absolutely sure the mode is correct for the file extension. xfer in an improper mode can break the store or cause itermittent errors.
regards,
dan

Is it possible to link directly from a button on a static page to the customer's cart, bypassing the initial page where they choose the item?

By the way, I did, in fact, purchase a lifetime membership today. You people are great!
Steven

You can have an add to cart button, from outside the cart, that will add the item directly to the cart.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks for the help.
I put a button on a static page, linked it with "../agora.cgi?p_id=0001"
It worked well, but brought me to the opening page of the cart, where I would have to press another "add to cart" button. How can I bypass that page, making the link from my static page directly into the cart, so the customer doesn't have to choose the item twice?

Again, thanks.
Steven
http://stevennestler.com

There are lots of postings on this in the "add to cart/buy now" button area of the forum...
Check out this post:
http://www.agoraguide.com/faq/viewtopic.php?p=5103#5103

HTH! Smile

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
you need to set up the manager>main agoracart store settings for a non-dB store (html store).
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1