The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
HELP! New to this...
Post HELP! New to this... 
(And I thought I was halfway intelligent - hah!) Embarassed
I am using a WYSIWIG webpage creator called Serif WebPlus. It works great for creating static sites with a drag and drop interface. Now I have someone who wants me to incorporate a shopping cart into such a static site. I have never yet learned Perl, CGI or even HTML. I just drag and drop. Embarassed Can somebody walk me through this whole process? What files do I need to download? I am running Windows XP Professional SP2 in a home office.
-Michele

is the store set up yet?
are the urls and emails set up yet?
if so then the next step would be to just use your program for awhile. get used to it. know what the flow is and play with the default discounts and stuff. make a few test purchases and view the log file and view the emails. hint... select the purchase order option in the gateway setup screen in the store manager. this will help speed up test purchases.
at any rate look at the store and get the feel of the basic settings. after that then you'll want to customize the store_header.inc and the store_footer.inc files found in the store/html/html-templates folder.
all files that you will be working with except images get uploaded and downloaded in ascii. images binary. if you don't have a transfer program that you can force to the proper mode by file extension then you should get one.
open up your store header and footer and take a look at the contents. it's not as scary as it sounds. it's html with a few little scripts in it.

once you get that far the post again in the appropriate forum and someone will help you.
don't worry you can do it...and it's fun!
regards,
dan

oh btw,
Quote:
(And I thought I was halfway intelligent - hah!)
i think you are! you don't play on the freeway and you ask for help. pretty good signs that you are.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1