The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
SSL URL needed for setup? I'm so confused...
Post SSL URL needed for setup? I'm so confused... 
Hello. I just got off the phone with a tech support person at Linkpoint Central, which appears to be one of the payment gateways which works with Agora. She says that they have an SSL "certificate" which I can put on my website, but that there is no SSL URL. (I was on the phone with her while I was going through the "store settings" page of Agora. In another topic in this forum, one of you knowledgeable folk said,

"If you will be collecting credit card information on your site you are required to have an SSL/secure URL for the checkout process. "

Now what?

I have a merchant account with Linkpoint, through Card Services International. I built my website myself with Notepad, teaching myself the html as needed from online tutorials. But now I'm SOOOOO lost! I installed agora on my website, but don't know how to access it or make it work even offline, let alone with this payment gateway!

My website is www.salamandertiles.com
and my host is www.hostgator.com

Help, pleeease.

linkpint can be a pain to set up their admin panel stuff.
if you use linkpoint only you don't need ssl. the credit card information will be collected on their site not yours. also, they will not be sending any confidential information back to you so there is no need for ssl.

to set your store up initially for testing purposes in the manager>main agoracart store settings, use offline as the gateway. make sure the store url is correct. needs the www in there and leave the ssl url blank. set up your emails the save the changes. click on the gateway settings and enter the store url in the ssl url text box. it has to be exactly the same as what is in the main agoracart store settings. save that. now go to your store and "buy" something. use the purchase order part of step one so you don't have to mess with cc numbers and stuff. when done check your inbox(s) of the email addresses you used. look them over to she which gets waht information. also check the order log in the store manager.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1