The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
installing on subdomain in Cpanel
Post installing on subdomain in Cpanel 
While I love the idea that agora cart can be installed with one click in cpanel, I was disappointed that it can't be one-click installed on an add on domain in cpanel. I have a single domain with 5 add on subdomains thru cpanel (that appear as www.newname.com in webrowsers--as opposed to newname.maindomain.com).

Is there an easy way to move the one click installation with dreamweaver or cpanel so an agora cart can be used on one or more of these subdomains?

I have incredibly cheap webhosting--$15 a year for 1 domain +5 subdomains--consequently I get absolutely no tech support from my isp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Your webhost handles the cpanel installs and how they are installed.
You can, however, download the AgoraCart files and install on the subdoamins yourself.
Just click on the "Download AgoraCart" link, on the left to obtain the files.

However, you should be able to use the cpanel install and specify the subdomain directory using the following type of URL to install to:
www.domain.com/subdomain

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I tried to install as domain.com/subdomain and got this error:

We are going to install cart in /home2/tsw/public_html/greatdaypublications
Error: /home2/tsw/public_html/greatdaypublications already exists Internal Error, can't find that folder [/home2/tsw/public_html/greatdaypublications/protected]

If I install to the main domain, what folders do I move to the subdomain? Do the go in the cgi-bin or loose in the subdomain folder?

Thanks for your help. I am very unfamiliar with this process and don't even understand how to change permissions/chmods. True newbie to carts.

Ya know, it would be soooo much easier to download the files, upload to the server and install...
I rarely do cpanel installations anymore, I think they are more trouble than uploading the files.
Get the files at:
http://www.agoracart.com/download.htm
Download the "agoracgi.tgz" file to your local computer.
Download the "installtgz.cgi" file to your local computer.

Next, using FTP, upload the files as follows:
In BINARY mode: agoracgi.tgz
In ASCII mode: installtgz.cgi

CHMOD or set permissions to 755

Open your browser window and put in the URL to the installtgz.cgi file
IE: http://subdomain.domain.com/installtgz.cgi
OR http://www.domain.com/subdomain/installtgz.cgi

The file should then run and extract all of the files to the server.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
an easier way is to let cpanel install the tgz file if the account will allow it.
upload the agoracgi.tgz to the subdomain name folder via ftp in binary. then log into cpanel and click on file manager. navigate to the subdomain folder name then click on the file name. on the right you will see a list of stuff you can do... delete, view, execute, change permissions (chmod) and etc. chmod to 755 then ok. then click on execute. if successful the left frame will refresh and a new folder named "store" should be there.
access the storefront by the subdomain. click on the manager link from the storefont page. log in and set the store url asap. manager=>program settings=>main agoracart store settings. scroll down and set the store url. for example...
http://subdomainname.domain.com/storefoldername/agora.cgi
if the url to the subdomain is composed ad above for normal access then you don't need the www in the url.
d
don't forget to chmod the agoracgi.tgz file to 644 or 600 after the install is successful. it's a good idea to cuatomize the store name before setting up the manager urls. rename the "store" folder to my_store or whatever sounds good... no spaces in the store folder name!

Post .htaccess 
Thanks for all your helpful advice.

After nearly two hours of carefully reading your EASY install directions and trying to make it work, it finally hit me that I was uploading a zip file --installtgz.zip-- which the server had no idea what to do with.

It took me nearly thirty minutes to figure out that to change the permissions in cpanel I had to check the boxed rather that key over the numbers in the boxes.

Funny how obvious things can so easily confuse newbies.

Anyway, now I have a new problem. when I go to http://greatdaypublications.com/cgi-bin/store/protected/manager.cgi , after having passworded the "protected" directory, I can't get in.

Repeated tries. I'm sure I'm missing something quite simple. Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing incorrectly this time?

grin. do it once and the second time makes it easy. so now you see how easy it is. LOL
it appears that the install was successful. the thing with passwords is you can't have leading blank spaces nor trailing blank spaces, passwords are usually case sensitive and you must type it in exactly as it was set up... close is not good enough.

for now you can just use the manager log in screen. when the site goes live then htaccess your protected folder.

if you used cpanel to protect the folder then remove the protection through cpanel. if you used the store manager to protect the protected folder then log into cpanel, click on file manager, navigate to your store/protected folder then delete the .htaccess file. you should now only have the manager log in screen to contend with. once logged into the manager set up your store url is you haven't already! then set the offline gateway to the store url, for now and save. you will probably get kicked out of the manager because the cookis have changed to the store url. log back in and set the gateway url to the store url and save. then go to the main agoacart store settings and click on passwods. change the user/pass to whatever you want and save.
d

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1