The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Can't get token values to pass
Post Can't get token values to pass 
I'm having a huge problem trying to get my main product page to pass the token values to the shopping cart display page. The code that appears in the main product display page looks like this:

<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="http://www.fantasmamagic.com/agora/agora.cgi?">
<INPUT TYPE = "hidden" NAME = "page" VALUE = "agora/agora.cgi/html/pages/test.html"> Quantity
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="item-07002|Sets|69.99|Deluxe Magic Collection #1||8.00" SIZE="1" MAXLENGTH="2">
<INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="add_to_cart_button" VALUE="Add To Cart" SRC="/products/images/add2cart.gif" BORDER="0">
</form>

The Cart display page comes up but displays only the tokens:

%%name%%
%%description%%

%%price%%
Check Out
View Cart

I removed the Options token (%%Options%%) and the Image token (%%Image%%) since I won't be having any options and don't need to show the image of the product.

I'm working against a deadline, so some prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

WJ
If you are talking about using tokens in the 'index.html' file that is in the 'html' directory, then, that is pretty simple. That page, nor any of the static pages, can use the tokens. The tokens can only be used in the productPage.inc files.
Another thing, the store's URLs aren't quite right.
They should be:
http://www.fantasmamagic.com/agora/agora.cgi

it looks like the urls are currently set up in the manager as:
http://fantasmamagic.com/agora/agora.cgi

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thank you, Scott, for your prompt reply. I thought it would be fairly easy too, but it hasn't turned out that way. The file named "magic.html" in the products directory holds the FORM code I included and the index.html file in the agora/html directory holds the index file, which also contains the code from the productPage.inc file (I cut and pasted it). Oddly, when I click on the Category names on the page it takes me to the product add cart, but it doesn't have the token values that came from the magic.html file. That's what's confusing me. If you can help, that would be really great.

WJ
There isn't products directory in AgoraCart. I don't know anything of what you are saying about your magic.html file. Where is is located in the AgoraCart file structure?
But, the index.html file, even if you copied and pasted the code from the productPage.inc file, cannot parse the tokens. The cart can only parse the productPage.inc tokens when the productPage.inc file is called.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Thank you for your reply. I think I see the problem. I thought it was possible to pass token values from outside the agora directories but it appears there is no way to do so. Your reply helps to make that clear, despite comments in other posts on other topics that suggest that it can be done through the use of the FORM method. Your help is appreciated.

WJ
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1