The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
I am not sure what I should do here
Post I am not sure what I should do here 
Hi,

I am new to this stuff so please bear with my simple (and stupid) questions. First, I am using ipowerweb as a host. They supply a download for agora. I installed Agora through the webhost. I cannot figure out what to do next. I assumed this was a download but apparently when I go to cgi-bin in host I get Agora's store. The one that sells programming books. I don't know if I should go to Agora downloads and get agora or what I am suppose to be seeing here. My store manager through ipowerweb is version 4.0-4k (or was it b?). I am totally lost here. Unfortunately, my host cannot give me tech support on this and sent me here. Somebody hold my hand through this please!!

Thanks alot

Jen

What was installed on your server is the AgoraCart store with demo products.
4.0K-4b is not the newest version of AgoraCart, which can be obtained from the "downloads" link on the left.
There is lots of information on this site about AgoraCart. The 1st thing you want to do is to go into the manager and setup things in there.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

I will download 5. I take it? Also, I am wondering if help or tutorials will assist me in setting up manager. Like I stared before, I know nothing about this but am willing to learn. I also found a gentleman this morning in fact that if familiar with ipowerweb and he is going to go in for me and give me some starting points as you so graciously did. I am looking forward to learning this.

Thank you so much for the reply post
Its snowing in northern Michigan Sad

Jen

I am very familiar with ipowerweb and they can be a bit of a bear to deal with especially since they require you to install AgoraCart in the cgi-bin... their tech support always blames you first for any problem on their servers, even when it is obvious that your files are not the problem... anyway, just my littlke rant. I do, however, have clients that use ipowerweb and are happy, but an equal number that weren't.

Version 5 is the latest version.
There are online manuals found at:
http://www.agoracart.com/agorawiki/index.php?title=The_AgoraCart_Project:User_Manual

The biggest thing is to 1st set up all areas of the manager.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1