The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Company info arrangement
Post Company info arrangement 
How do you force the items shown under "Company Info" to appear in a certain order? At first, I thought I could edit store_header.inc (and secure too) and hardcode the links. However, I am curious of the significance of the "cart_id" parameter after the cartlink filename. The first part (before the asterisk) is always the same. So is the final part, which matches the first part. However, the middle part always varies even when you are referring back to the same page. For example, assume I am looking at the "About us" page and the middle part is "x". If I place my mouse over the hyperlink for "About us" in the Company Info area (while still viewing the About us page), the middle part is now "y". Anyone know the significance of this and if there will be some hidden (or not so hidden) bug if I hardcode the hyperlinks in the order I want them without using the cart_id parameter? Alternatively, is there a "slick" way to define the order that I have not stumbled upon?

Thanks,
John

You can arrange hard coded links in any order you please. Cartlink looks for the specific page in the html directory. Here is a hard code link that works.
Code:
<a href="http://www.your_domain.com/store/agora.cgi?cartlink=Returns.html"  style="text-decoration: none"><b>About Us</a>

Thanks MileHigh. I had tested a similar hard-coding previously, but wasn't sure if there were any hidden "gotchas".

So the "cart_id" is simply extraneous info that can be there or not when displaying "company info" pages?

As far as I know it makes no difference for info pages.

Post RE: Company info arrangement 
hell-o
the cart id in the links is advisable for inter-store linking as it helps the program to track certain user data. this is especially true if cookies are disabled in the client's browser.
regards,
dan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1