The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Changing URL Location
Post Changing URL Location 
Please help !

I have installed AgoraCart using the ftp5.cgi file. Everything went fine But when I try to access my main URL I get an index page and a big list of files instead of the Agora Cart main page. If I move the index.html file and the Agora.cgi to the main html root folder, the store comes up fine but I can no longer get to the admin page. So, I tried moving all of the files in "store52" to the main http directory and its the same thing, Store front opens fine but no admin page. I took out the "store52" part of the url for the admin page and it still doesnt work.
Simply put, all I would like to do is have the store load at www.blahblah.com instead of www. blahblah.store52.com and have the admin page work.

I've been trying for days to fix this. Please help !!

Thank you,

Josh R.

I am not following you...
You may need to uninstall the cart, and start over.
Who is your web host?

Also, when posting, please post the URL to your store so we can better help.

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number

The URL is www.jbminimall.com

I did figure out what to do. I moved all of the files from the "store52" folder to the main http root folder so that Agora cart opens as "www.jbminimall.com" instead of "www.jbminimall.com/store52/agora.cgi"

After I did this the store front opened fine in the IE 7 browser. Then I had to edit the htaccess file in the "protected" directory and simply took out the "store52" from the url.

Now everything works fine !!

I'm not sure what you were trying to do, but you can't just move 1 file from the store and expect it to work. The all need to be kept within their directory.
Running AgoraCart from the root directory is not suggested as it can cause a disorganization and confusion on the server when you start to expand the site and add other informational pages that are not part of the store.
It's just better to keep the store compartmentalized. It helps when there's a troubleshooting issue, as well... Ya know, you could've just changed the directory name and changed all of the store URLs set in the manager to reflect that... Of course, logging into the manager would require using the same directory name in URL that you had renamed it to...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1