The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Install/upgrade issues
Post Install/upgrade issues 
I am trying to use AgoraCart Deluxe version 4.0K-4b standard because that is what came as part of
my HostMonster package. The downloads for changing the main page, headers, footers, etc are no longer available on your site. You told me to upgrade to the most recent version. Well...I started with the Smart FTP step and since I use dial-up, it says it will take 3 hours just to download this first step. HostMonster says this version is what you gave them to use so I really feel that these downloads should still be available through your site PLEASE. I have already spent three weeks getting everything to work on my own because I couldn't get any support and now to find this out !!!

v4.x is an old, obsolete, version with security holes and is no longer supported.
HostMonster must be using an older version of cpanel, because it is cpanel that has given them that version, not Agora. Agora has given cpanel the most recent version which would be available.

As for 3 hours to download something... What are you trying or wanting to download???

What do you mean by, "I have already spent three weeks getting everything to work on my own because I couldn't get any support and now to find this out !!!"????

What do you mean you couldn't get any support? This forum has always been available...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
this is why I am so confused and worried beyond hair repair.....HostMonster says I must contact you - I didn't even know that
cpanel was separate from HostMonster. I apologize for the tone of my message but I am a real rookie at
this. As to the 3 hour download, your install instructions say I need SmartFTP and when I clicked on the
download for that, my system told me it would take 3 hours to download. I am going to contact HostMonster
about this again. Thanks for your response.

cpanel is software used by HostMonster and has been incorporated in their hosting package...
So, in a sense it is part of HostMonster.
Do NOT contact HostMonster, they cannot do anything about AgoraCart,
they just provide the web hosting.

Now, I do not know what you are trying to download, exactly, that would take 3 hours....
You need to click on the "Downloads" link on the upper left navigation on this page.
Once there, click on the "AgoraCart Version 5.2.000 Installer - FTP5.zip" link.
Once downloaded, unzip the FTP5.zip file using WinZip or something similar.
The resultant file will be FTP5.cgi, save that file to your computer.
Next, using an FTP client, like FileZilla, (SmartFTP should work) upload the FTP5.cgi file to the server
in ASCII mode... make sure that the FTP client is uploading the file in ASCII mode, this is VERY IMPORTANT.
Once uploaded to the server, chmod or set permissions of the file to 755.
Finally, open your web browser and type in the URL to the FTP5.cgi file.
You should be able to install the latest version from here...

BTW, there are people available that you could hire to do this for you...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1