The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Free Shipping over certain dollar amount
Can this option calculate the total purchase amount (let's say over $500) and not charge for shipping?

What version of the cart are you currently using?
How are you currently calculating your shipping?

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
I have version 5 and just installed it. With the defaults on at the moment. Trying to test out if this cart is the right option. It is quite a script, a little too much on what I need.

My criteria is:

Products: add/remove
Shipping: $1-$500 - 15%
Shipping: $500-$and up - free
Tax: 6%
Payment: Paypal

www.jollyworks.ab.ca/store5

I'm still fiddling with it, so it might change around...

Use the custom shipping logic to set up your shipping calculations.
There is documentation in it in the 'protected/DOCS' directory of the store's installation.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Okay, I have followed the instructions, but now my shipping has different rates when listed in the shopping cart.

What does the custom shipping logic look like, that you are using?
What are your settings in the Shipping Settings manager?
You need to be more specific. With the highly customizable nature of AgoraCart,
you need to explain things in a LOT more detail and give examples.

Get a Gold Membership
I am looking to do the somthing similiar. I would like to provide free shipping to my customers on orders of 20.00 or more for a limited time. I was looking at the shipping.txt file downloaded from protected/docs and I feel like I jumped right into the middle of a chapter to some book. The file is dates back to April 30th 2000, is this current with the new script? There is a section in the file, "Basics of basing shipping on Form Variable 'the old way,'" and it gives some examples. If the file is already 8 years old how old is the old way? And provided I got my variables correct which I know I didn't because I don't know how to impliment the custom shipping logic with the pre-existing shipping setup that I already have, where would I put the code so it could do it's job? Sorry for all the questions I feel like this is one big puzzle and I am scrambling to piece it all together. I haven't found a tutorial for boneheads yet.

Gene

The shipping file in the 'protected/DOCS' directory is still valid... Those basics have been around for at least 10 years... I used the predecesor of AgoraCart, Selena Sol's Webstore...

In the custom shipping logic, Use the Custom Shipping Logic Example calculates shipping based on the total order.
IE:
Code:
@sc_shipping_logic =
  ("|1-29.99|||3.95",
  "|30-59.99|||4.95",
  "|60-89.99|||6.95",
  "|90-119.99|||10.95",
  "|120-|||0.00");
$shipping_price = &calculate_shipping($temp_total,
                  $total_quantity, $total_measured_quantity);

Do NOT use the line about shipping logic done... That's about the only change to that, although there may be times when you would want to use it...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Hi Bonnie, just curious, would using the shipping logic example you provided still take into consideration the USPS and UPS API information? Also once I have this code snippet adjusted correctly where should I place it? Thanks again for all your help.
Gene

would this be right?

Code:
@sc_shipping_logic =
  ("|1-24.99|||4.95",
  "|25-|||0.00");

The logic should look more like:
Code:

@sc_shipping_logic =
  ("|-24.99|||4.95",
  "|25-|||0.00");

You put it in the Custom Shipping Logic box in the Shipping Settings manager.
Now, what about the weight? When you were last emailing me about this, the lower charge was supposed to be based on weight, too. Isn't it still supposed to be that way?
If so, you need to define the max weight for the calculation to apply to.
Otherwise, the UPS & USPS APIs may not even come into play...

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
yep.. The weight is important.. I am kind of fumbling around here...Weight needs to come into play for prices less the 25 bucks..

Well, you have to determine how/when you want the API to take over, then you can set up the custom shipping logic to work in the gap.

Get a Gold Membership
Ahh I see.. I guess the shipping logic should kick in the moment a customers cart exceeds the 24.99 limit and is entitled to free shipping. Is there something in the custom logic that replaces ("|-24.99|||4.95", or is the logic smart enough to know that the API's handle everything prior to that price. I guess I am a little confused as to how the custom shipping logic and API's work together.

If the shipping logic is used prior to the Api's then wouldn't the API neglect the custom shipping logic and total the cost of shipping based on weight or if Custom shipping is used after the API's wouldn't the custom shipping logic simply ignore the API's and charge 4.95 for everything under 24.99 and free for everything over 24.99? Thank you for all the valuable help, I hope my questions make a little sense here...

Regards,
gene

You offer FREE shipping on orders over $25.00???
Why would you even use the API???
I am totally confused as to why you are doing your shipping this way...

Get a Gold Membership
Hi Bonnie, this is for valentines day.. You see we have a lot of small cheap items that could keep the price under 25.00 but drive the price of shipping over $4.95. The free shipping over 25.00 is merely a temporary promotion..Hopefully this makes sense... Maybe I should just hold off on the API's for now...

The problem comes in with... what if someone orders something of a larger amount of weight, how will that affect your shipping?

Get a Gold Membership
I guess if it's over 25 bucks I absorb the costs...I think the chances of someone actually buying heavier cheaper items are probably rare, I think I will just enable the custom shipping and ignore the API's for now and then return it all back to normal after the holiday..Does that sound logical?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1