The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
building store offline
Post building store offline 
I have a store allready but it is a paid store with osc and they are controlling the cpanel the problem is How can I set up agoracart offline and upload when it is made as If I shut my store while I am building another I will loose customers, I know how to use dreamweaver which if possiable I would like to make my template but I have never incorporated a cart into any sites, I gather from reading the forums is all I need is an index.htm in the public_html folder and the cart will link automatically link to it and then all I have to do is work out how to load my products which takes around 2 weeks hence the needing to build it while my store is still running, Can someone please explain how this can be done and also if I am correct with only needing a shop front. I have just signed up for gold lifetime membership just in case it is required
Thanks

You can set up Agora on the server... and develop it there. Once you are ready for it to go live, you change the link to your store on the other pages of your site to point to the new store's location. That way, the current store will still be running while you set up Agora. No downtime...

However, I am not understanding what you are saying with this comment:
"it is a paid store with osc and they are controlling the cpanel "
I am assuming that you are currently using OS c o m m e r c e, but how are they controlling the web host cpanel???

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post oscworks 
well They control the cpanel so I cannot access it and when I need changes I go to their support and email them what change I need and for a price they do it " of course you are not told this when you buy the site" which is why I have signed up With AgoraCart they give you a choice of templates and they build your site, once logged in you have a virtual control panel area where you can make limited changes to your store so i can not access cpanel and am unable to use the server

Well, that kinda stinks... If they control your entire hosting, maybe you might want to consider switching web hosts...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Yeah I totally agree once I get this cart figured out I will be changing anyhow thanks for your help and I will undoubtedly have a lot more questions .

Post 403 forbidden 
Hi I have uploaded ftp.cgi to public_html and changed chmod to 755 but when I try to run it from my browser I get Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~cdhardy/public_html/FTP5.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) mod_ldap_userdir/1.1.11 PHP/4.4.2-1.1 mod_vhost_ldap/1.0.0 Server at members.iinet.net.au Port 80, The entire link is http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdhardy/public_html/ftp5.cgi if I try placing manager.cgi or /public_html/protected/ftp5.cgi or manager.cgi I get a 404 error page ot found so i need to know where I am going wrong please

You don't specify the 'public_html' directory... it is the 'root' directory.
Try using the following URL:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdhardy/ftp5.cgi

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
Post 404 
nope didn't work I still get a 404 error

Try this:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdhardy/FTP5.cgi

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1