The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Install error
Post Install error 
Sorry I crossed posted this into gold forum because I had forgotten my sign in here.

Just installed new download ftp.5 from site to gandstractor.com and said the install is good BUT when I try and run gandstractor.com/store52/protected/manager.cgi I get the following:

Error loading library ./protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl:

Can't modify single ref constructor in scalar assignment at ./protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl line 11, near "'•';" Compilation failed in require at (eval 55) line 1.

Please fix the error and try again.

deleted files and reinstalled for second time
Now I can't get it to install at all. following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gandstractor.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.25 PHP/5.2.6 Server at gandstractor.com Port 80

Now I'm back to first error
I uninstalled and tried all again. Remembered to change the permissions to 755 this time and back to original error:
Error loading library ./protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl:

Can't modify single ref constructor in scalar assignment at ./protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl line 11, near "'•';" Compilation failed in require at (eval 55) line 1.

How do I fix this?

Help! I got the same error when installing 5.2.005 version " Error loading library ./protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl:

Post BTW Using vista 
Would add, if it matters, I am using Vista home edition (32 bit) on my computer that is doing the install. Going to Linux servers that took previous installls without problems.

Doesn't matter, sounds like something got messed up in that file...
The content of the customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl file found in the 'protected/custom' directory of the store, should contain the following:
Code:
 # file ./store/protected/custom/customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl
#######################################################################################
#
# Use this file to customize your category and sub category links that are displayed in the headers
# or footers of the store when a customer visits your store.
#
# change only the values for the variables (they start with a $) between the single quote marks (')
# If you are not familiar with editing of programming variables, just use the defaults.
#
#######################################################################################
$custom_sc_main_category_indent = "•"; #'•';
$custom_sc_sub_category_indent = "   ";
$custom_sc_main_category_css_class = "ac_left_links";
$custom_sc_sub_category_css_class = "ac_left_links";
$custom_sc_main_category_end_html = "<br>";
$custom_sc_sub_category_end_html = "<br>";
1;

Using a plain HTML editor, like EditPad Lite, you can just place the above text in a new file and name it:
customizeable_category_builder_routines.pl

Then upload to the 'protected/custom' directory of the store, in ASCII mode.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post almost there 
Thank you, that got me to the next page. Now I get
WARNING No .htaccess file found in the /protected directory. YOU STILL NEED TO PASSWORD PROTECT THAT DIRECTORY

Are we talking about the protected directory? It is presently set at 755. As are all of the directories for that matter.

That's a standard warning, just click the link to set up the .htaccess...
Just another level of password protection for the manager...

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post duh... thank you again 
I was trying to get in using Manager/Admin instead of manager/admin. Duh.......

Again thanks for the help.

Post Re: duh... thank you again 
earl kurburski wrote:
I was trying to get in using Manager/Admin instead of manager/admin. Duh.......

Again thanks for the help.

Don't worry about it I make this type of little error all the time. Once you have the solution it is all so simple, but when you're worried beyond hair repair with something not working things are a lot harder to figure out. Laughing Don't be so hard on yourself.
L

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1