The Official Website of AgoraCart and Agora.cgi
AgoraCart.com Demos Download AgoraCart User Manuals & Wiki Gold Members Forum Go Gold Now! Gold Version Memberships

AgoraCart.com

About
Features
Download
Payment Gateways
Send a Donation
Founders Club
BLOG: News & Updates

Showcases & Demos

AgoraCart Demos
Shop Live Stores

Downloads & Add-ons

Gold Version Downloads
DBwizz Database Mgr.
AgoraCart.com Store

Help & Support

User Manuals
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat
Tech Support
Certified Agora Pros
Certified Designers
Hire a Freelancer

Gold Version Members

Member Benefits
Join Today!
Gold Members Home
Gold Version Users Forum
Gold Version Chat Rooms
Gold Version Downloads

For Store Owners

Merchant Accounts
Cool Resources
Advertise Here
"Powered by" Logos
Web Hosting Search

Misc.

Contact Us
MEET's Talking Guide
The Ancient Greek Agora

AgoraCart Free User Forums

This is the official FAQ and Cool Tips guide For the AgoraCart shopping Cart software

Official Sponsors of the AgoraCart Project:

RegisterSearchFAQLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Need help with shopping cart
Post Need help with shopping cart 
Hello. My wife and I began a new internet biz selling hand dipped fragrance bears. I opened an account with Paypal, as it seemed to be the one to use by most for credit card transactions and such. The issue is that now I have signed up for a merchant account to accept credit cards from someone else as I thought was best to do to accept credit cards while at craft shows. The problem is, Paypal made it real easy to create code and add buttons to each one of my products on each page of my site. Now that I'm switching to using (possibly) Agoracart, I don't know how or see where Agoracart will help me to create such code and paste buttons on my web pages, the same way Paypal did.
I don't want to revamp my site, just to point to a new shopping cart, or is this the only way??? Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Harry
http://hughescreations.com

First of all, PayPal is only a Members Only gateway.
You really won't "have" to revamp the whole site, you can use the pages you already have, but you will need to move them into the cart's html/pages directory. There are also a few other things to be done, but not all that hard.
You will, however need to give yourself a bit of a learning curve to the cart so that you can discover how the cart works and how it can really benefit you. It is extremely versatile and can be worked with to have it do just about everything you could ever want.
Given the way your site is now, I really don't see how it would be very hard to just move it into being a database driven store with dynamically generated product pages. It would proably take just as much effort to make the db driven site as to get the cart working and then add all of the "Add to cart" button info.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Post Thanks for the reply 
Thank you so much for the fast reply. Not being very web savvy, I guess I need to learn the cart program and go from there. Do you use the Agora cart as well as I see you have a Paypal button on your site. If it wasn't for the fact that we are trying to accept credit cards out at shows and such, I wouldn't worry about it and just stay with Paypal.

Did you create and monitor your own site? I'm wondering what it would cost me to have someone run with this for me and set everything up? Any ideas?

I like your site. Have a you heard of the hand dipped wax bears before? I see that you sell the wax supplies which is why I'm asking. Thanks once again and have a great day!

Harry
http://hughescreations.com

I do everything with my website and I do use AgoraCart. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a moderator here.
I use the Member's Only PayPal gateways with AgoraCart.
I've been in the candle making/supplies buisness for over 10 years and yes, I have heard of the dipped bears.
Email me offline ( admin@scottcrewcandlesupply.com ) and we can talk about the costs of AgoraCart intergration with your site.

HTH!

Get a Gold Membership
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1